Saturday, February 14, 2009

smart alec mechanic

Yesterday my bike broke down for the umpteenth time.After endless calculations whether the visit to the mechanic's garage would make me lighter by a few bucks,i was on my way .My bike refused to move any further and i had to drag it for half a kilometre(wish i had bought that horse when i had the chance).One look at the bike and the mechanic exclaimed "Saab,silencer choke up ho gaya hai(i didn't strangle it,trust me). He quoted 250 bucks as damages, promised to rectify it and hand it over to me in the evening.To top it up,I had a lots of appointments on that day for which I had to take bus no.11(I had to walk).My sixth sense nudged me to give him a surprise visit.I reached the garage at 4.30 p.m and was told he had gone away to pick up the silencer.After circling the place for 15 minutes,I sat on the bike and decided to wait.The other mechanic completely unaware of my presence with a bottle in one hand,a plastic pipe in another,proceeded towards my bike.To my horror,he told me to get off the bike so that he could take petrol.I replied it was mine and he wouldn't get a single drop.He didn't know what hit him and sheepishly went back to his domain.Never ever would Ileave my bike unattended for sure

No comments: